Rocci Fisch watches what's out there and has a lot to say about it. "Random Thoughts" is a quick-read, running commentary column which features his observations about the news, pop culture and the media, zested up with Rocci's unique humor.
January 2, 2013
- . . . That’s what the guy yells out when he winces/flinches while using a Q-tip to get the wax out of his ear.
- . . . He went in too deep.
- . . . Busted his ear drum?
- . . . He needs the Wax Vac (www.waxvac.com/1-800-517-2260). Ten dollars and you get a second one free.
- . . . “It’s the gentle way to clean your ears.”
- . . . It looks like a staple gun.
- . . . I wouldn’t stick that thing in my ear for anybody’s money.
- . . . That Peter King (R-N.Y.) needs to get back to work.
- . . . Any time anything comes up on Capitol Hill, there he is endlessly standing and talking at the “stakeout” mikes answering questions from reporters forever in a day.
- . . . He’s good for sound bites.
- . . . He needs to get back to work and quit commenting on everything.
- . . . Who’s paying his salary anyway?
- Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy with Kanye West made major news last week – like there was nothing else of any significance going on in the world.
- . . . Those were sad days.
- . . . Think they’ll stay together long enough for when the baby arrives or will it be short-lived, like when she was “married” to Kris Humphries?
- . . . Enough of the frivolocity.
- “2012 is almost over,” says the announcer in the TV ad for automaker Kia’s “Holiday Sales Event.”
- . . . They better get with the program.
- David Muir, substitute anchor for Diane Sawyer, said at the top of World News on New Year’s Eve day, “Diane is counting down [to the new year] with her family.”
- . . . Good, I needed to know that.
- . . . UH . . . “All I Need” – The Temptations, on Gordy Records, 1967.